Protein bars can be really convenient because they can replace a meal when you are on the go. However, many people stay away from commercial protein bars because they are not healthy as whole food and many of the brands are loaded with sugar, artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, corn syrup, and preservatives. This recipe will show you how you can make healthy protein bars at home.
The best thing is that these bars don’t need any baking and can be made in a matter of minutes.
Oat-Almond Protein Bars
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (crushed)
- 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- Combine the oats, almonds, protein powder, coconut, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine the dates and the water in a cooking pan. Simmer over medium-low heat until the dates begin to break down, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the almond butter to the dates and stir until you get a smooth mass
- Pour this mix onto the dry ingredients you already mixed in the bowl.
- Stir well to combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Pour the mass into a rectangular pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray. Make sure it is evenly poured.
- Put a few pinches of sea salt onto the mix
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate
Put the pan in the freezer to let all the wet ingredients tighten up. Once it’s all tight, you can cut the block in a few large protein bars. That’s it, enjoy your homemade natural protein bars.