If you’re like me, you probably love french toast. But a typical french toast is not really a fitness food. It’s high in carbs and low in protein. Well, this is not your typical french toast.
This healthy french toast recipe is high in protein and quick to prepare it may just become your new favorite breakfast.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop of whey protein (both chocolate or vanilla is fine)
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (~120ml) almond milk (you can also use regular milk)
- 4-5 pieces of whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Add all ingredients except the butter and the bread in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Coat your pan with a cooking spray .
- Dunk all the pieces of bread into the protein mixture you already prepared and place them into the cooking pan.
- Bake the bread on 350°F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes flip the pieces of bread and bake for another 5-10 min.
Melt the peanut butter in the microwave and pour it on your toast. You can also top the toast with strawberries or some other seasonal fruit. Enjoy your high protein breakfast. 🙂