Eat low calorie – high fiber foods
It’s always a better option to eat low glycemic and high fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, when you feel a craving instead of eating junk food. These foods are great for satisfaction when you crave the physical feeling of fullness.
Eat some nuts
A good idea is to eat a handful of nuts, almonds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds when you start feeling a craving. Because the are high in fiber, healthy fats and protein – they will stop the feeling of hunger for sure.
Too much stress is known to be a huge trigger for cravings. learning to deal with stress can save you from eating hundreds of extra calories a day. I suggest you learn some relaxation technique to deal with excessive stress levels.
Take a nap
Fatigue itself represents a great form of stress to the body. Deal with it by taking a nap and sufficient sleep every night.
Define a cheat day
Eating your favorite junk food is OK once in a while. Eating junk food will keep you happy and satisfied, so you can eat clean after this cheat day. Remember It’s OK to eat a chocolate now and then, but not a whole pack of chocolates and not every couple of days.
Sometimes cravings occur because of a lack of certain nutrients. Here is a list of what you can eat when you feel hungry for specific foods.
When you crave for:
* Sweets and sugars you may need
– magnesium which you can get by eating fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds or legumes.
– Chromium – you can get it by eating chicken, broccoli, cheese, grapes.
– Carbon – fruits and vegetables.
– Phosphorus – chicken, eggs, red meat, grains, nuts.
– Sulphur – cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli.
– Tryptophan – liver, cheese, sweet potato, spinach.
* Complex carbs like pasta
– Nitrogen – high protein foods like meats, eggs, fish.
* Fatty foods
– Calcium – dairy – milk, cheese, yogurt.
You might like : Connor McGregor’s Nutritionist May Have The Answer to Stop Sugar Cravings