Are you on a diet ? If you are looking for a healthy lunch that has low carbs, you’ve come to the right place. These chicken-avocado lettuce wraps are healthy, delicious and are also a great way to use up cooked chicken from last night’s dinner. The best of all is – you get to eat a low carb sandwich that can be done in 5-10 minutes.
-5-6 clean and dry romaine lettuce leaves
-1 cup of shredded chicken (cooked)
-1/2 lemon or lime
-1 tomato (or 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes)
-2 tbsp chopped onion
-1/ diced jalapeno pepper
-Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Peel the avocado and remove the flesh into a small mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until you get a smooth mass.
- Squeeze your lemon or lime juice into the same bowl and mix it thoroughly with the avocado. (Besides adding flavor, the lemon juice prevents the avocado from darkening).
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste into the avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Put in the shredded chicken, the chopped tomatoes (or the whole cherry tomatoes), the onions and pepper in the mix. Mix until everything is well coated in the mashed avocado.
- Place the mixture on the lettuce leaves and wrap it.
Enjoy your high protein low carb meal.