Are you on a diet ? If you are looking for a healthy lunch that has low carbs, you’ve come to the right place. These chicken-avocado lettuce wraps are healthy, delicious and are also a great way to use up cooked chicken from last night’s dinner. The best of all is – you get to eat a low carb sandwich that can be done in 5-10 minutes.
-5-6 clean and dry romaine lettuce leaves
-1 cup of shredded chicken (cooked)
-1/2 lemon or lime
-1 tomato (or 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes)
-2 tbsp chopped onion
-1/ diced jalapeno pepper
-Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Peel the avocado and remove the flesh into a small mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until you get a smooth mass.
- Squeeze your lemon or lime juice into the same bowl and mix it thoroughly with the avocado. (Besides adding flavor, the lemon juice prevents the avocado from darkening).
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste into the avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Put in the shredded chicken, the chopped tomatoes (or the whole cherry tomatoes), the onions and pepper in the mix. Mix until everything is well coated in the mashed avocado.
- Place the mixture on the lettuce leaves and wrap it.
Enjoy your high protein low carb meal.
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more