Testosterone, or also known as the “male” hormone is an androgenic and anabolic hormone produced in the testes in men and in very small amounts in ovaries in women. Men produce about 50 to 60 percent more testosterone than women. So what is the testosterone’s role in our bodies?
As an androgen hormone, the testosterone is responsible for secondary male characteristics such as body hair,deep voice thicker skin etc.
As an anabolic hormone, testosterone is one of the main muscle building hormones in the body, responsible for muscle growth, low body fat levels, libido, well being, more strength and energy.
If you have lower than normal levels of testosterone, eating the right foods can help increase your testosterone levels and rebuild your s*x drive. Testosterone production is dependent on zinc and vitamin B, both of these are abundant in many of the foods we eat regularly. So adding a few of the foods listed below can boost your testosterone especially when combined with regular weight training.
– Red meat has high levels of zinc so it is very good part of a testosterone diet. Red meat sources include steaks, pork chops, ribs etc…
2. Nuts and Seeds
– Nuts in general are great source of essential fatty acids. Essential fatty acids provide raw material for healthy production of hormones in both men and women.
– Also a great source of protein, eggs are a source of vitamin B5 and B6 known to help in balancing hormone levels and lower stress levels.The cholesterol in egg yolks can also increase testosterone.
– Figs are high in amino acids, which researchers believe can increase testosterone. It is also believed that figs can increase your s****l stamina.
– Asparagus is a spring vegetable rich in vitamin E, which is considered to stimulate the production of the male s*x hormone.
– Oysters have a high Zinc content and testosterone production is dependent on zinc. Zinc will also help you relax and sleep.
– Avocado contains vitamin B6, which is helpful in increasing male hormone production. It also contains high levels of folic acid, which helps metabolize proteins. 8 Reasons To Eat Avocado (besides the fact it tastes great)
Foods aside, there are many herbs and spices that are known to increase testosterone and promote good health. Usually, the active ingredients from these herbs are extracted and packed in supplements called testosterone boosters
These supplements promote your own natural production of testosterone, without any side effects seen in anabolic use. Testosterone boosting supplements are formulated with naturally safe and potent ingredients to help you increase stamina, muscle mass and energy.
I have never thought that food can increase testo production. Usually, I took some supplements such as zinc, vitamin d3 or tribulus and they really helped. Anyway, thanks for the article!