Do you feel unsatisfied with the workout results from your back workout ? Do you feel your back is not growing ? Maybe it’s time to change things up a little. Blast your your back with 15, 18 or even 20 sets per workout with the help of these exercises.
1. Rack Deadlifts
- Start with a few warm-up sets of 15 down to 10 reps and don’t forget to rest for a minute or maybe a little more after each.
- Then tighten your belt, load up some serious weight, use straps if needed, and go for a set of six to eight reps.
- Rest and do another work set with the same weight.
- If you accomplish more, it’s a bad thing – meaning you did not put enough weight.
- Pay attention to your form – the main focus should be on the way you lift not the weight.
2. One Arm Dumbbell Rows
- Start with a couple of warm-up sets of 15 reps per arm on these.
- Then take two minutes rest, and start with the biggest dumbbell you can pull.
- Start with the weight slightly in front of you at arm’s length then pull up and back toward your hip.
- Squeeze the muscle before lowering the dumbbell and go back to the starting position.
REPS: Go for 8 to 10 reps, and make sure the sets are done to muscular failure. Do that for both sides.
Try to use a different grip at each workout. One week you can go with a wide grip, and the next try a neutral or reverse grip.
- Do a couple of warm-up sets of 8-10 reps then rest two minutes, and do a work set (do a drop set if that’s possible).
- Go until you reach failure, around rep six or eight. If you do a drop set, use a belt with extra weight.
- Then drop the extra weight and keep going until you reach 12 to 15 reps.
4. Seated rows
- After your warm-up set of 15 you will do your work set of 8- 10 reps, but as with the pull-ups you continue to a 15-rep max.
- When you reach the 10-rep mark, start doing X-reps with a lower weight.
4. Straight Arm Pull Downs
Straight arm pull downs are great for finishing detail.
- Go for failure at 10 to 12 reps, rest for around 10 seconds, and then keep going to failure again.
- Squeeze for one second before lowering the weight; let the back stretch before you repeat.
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more
Because of the intensity of this back workout it’s recommended that you run the workout for 5-6 weeks after which you will go to your normal back routine. Running the workout for a few weeks should break the plateau and spark new growth in your back.