Coconut Oil and Topical Health Problems
– when applied topically it is known for aiding, relieving, or even curing these health issues
- Acne – Often acne prone skin is actually too dry, which signals your glands to produce more oil and clogs the pores.
- Head Lice – topical application
- Allergies/Hay Fever – rub a little inside the nostrils for quick relief. The pollen will cling to the oil.
- Athletes Foot
- Toenail Fungus
- Back Pain and Sore Muscles
- Boils and Cysts
- Circumcision healing – although I don’t support circumcision, coconut oil may help with healing.
- Decongestant – rub coconut oil on the chest and under the nose when congested from a cold or allergies
- Ear infection – place a few drops of coconut and garlic oil inside the ear twice daily for relief from pain. Also fights the infection itself.
- Genital Warts – genital warts often go away on their own after 2 years of the initial infection. Addition of topical coconut oil application over 6 month may be helpful
- Gum Disease, Gingivitis and Canker Sores – use as a toothpaste or rub directly on gums
- Herpes – applied topically and taken internally
- Hives – reduces the itch and swelling
- Pink eye – applied around and in the eye
BONUS: Coconut Oil and Pets/ Animals
Check with your veterinarian but the recommended dosage for animals is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight twice daily.
- Aids healing of digestive disorders – like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
- Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
- Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
- Promotes the healing – when applied topically to cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- Clears up skin conditions – such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
- Disinfects cuts – and promotes wound healing
- Great for dogs and cats for general wellness – Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic – Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
- Helps reduce weight – increases energy
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Makes coats – coat becomes sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections – including candida
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
- Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
Continues on next page…