BONUS: Other Uses for Coconut Oil
Some bonus uses of coconut oil:
- Chewing Gum in Hair Remover – just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip. Voila! It’s out!
- Goo Gone – just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute. Then scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
- Insect repellent – mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it all over exposed skin. Keeps insects off better than anything with DEET! Tons safer too.
- Moisturizing and cleaning leather products
- Oiling wood cutting boards and wood bowls
- Polishing Bronze – all you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the statue. It cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
- Polish Furniture – coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. However, I recommend you test it first on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you’d like.
- Seasoning animal hide drums
- Seasoning cookware
- Soap making – coconut oil can be used as one of the fats in soap.
Did we miss any? Do you use coconut oil for something not on the list?
Source : Dr Alison Chen