On the days I’m not training with weights I usually do cardio sessions early in the morning on an empty stomach. I drink just a cup op green tea (because I’m not a big fan of coffee) and then do my 30-35 minutes of fasted cardio. Fasted training definitely has its benefits and I will go over some of them in this post.
– Early morning cardio wakes you up, increases your mental acuity and concentration later throughout the day by releasing mood-enhancing endorphins. It will also flush out your lymphatic system, ensuring a flow of energy.
– After the fast, the glycogen stores are depleted and the body is forced to burn fat as energy. This effect is particularly pronounced when you are on a low carbohydrates diet or doing an intermittent fasting diet.
– Food (especially carbohydrates) causes a sudden release of insulin that interferes with the mobilization of body fat.The less insulin present during the fasted workout means that more fat will be burned as energy.
– Your metabolism stays elevated hours after your workout is over. This means you’ll burn more calories even when you are resting.
– Fasted cardio will greatly improve insulin sensitivity, which can have great health benefits, including improved fat loss without changing our hormonal balance.
With summer on its way, these should be enough reasons for you to start fasted morning cardio sessions and lose the excess fat. Some of the options you have are:
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more
1.Hit the gym before you go to work,
2.Go for a light jog if the weather is fine, and
3.You can always walk to work if it’s not too far.