The high protein chicken salad can be done in plenty of different ways according to your personal taste – you can combine chicken with onions, nuts or even sweet fruits for a mouthful of rich flavor.
There is simply no such thing as “the best recipe“ for this packable delicious meal, but we’ll provide you with our favorite one – an easy-to-prepare high-protein variant that will keep you full and happy throughout the day!
This high protein chicken salad is also a great bodybuilding meal you can eat after your workout to help you build muscle mass.
High Protein Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 450 grams of cooked and shredded chicken meat (cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 60 grams of diced red onion
- 70 grams of diced apple
- 100 grams of halved grapes
- 160 grams of plain Greek yogurt with 2% fat
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 12 slices of whole grain bread (optional)
Mix all of the ingredients well in a big bowl and you’re good to go!
If you’re on a low-carb diet, replace the bread with a side salad. But if you want to increase the caloric value, you can add 1/3 cup of dried cranberries or 1/2 cup of chopped almonds for an increase in calorie, protein and healthy fats.
The recipe above includes six servings, around 140 grams (3/4 of a cup) each. The nutritional information for one serving are as following:
- Calories: 364
- Total fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 1 grams
- Monosaturated fat: 1 grams
- Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
- Sodium: 412 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 44 grams
- Dietary fiber: 7 grams
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
- Potassioum: 249 milligrams
- Iron: 17% of RDA
- Vitamin A: 1% of RDA
- Vitamin C: 7% of RDA
- Calcium: 12% of RDA