Eggs should be a great part of every bodybuilder’s diet. The egg is a great source of protein – egg protein is known as the “complete” protein – which means that it has all the vital amino acids necessary for muscle building. Egg protein is actually the standard by which all other types of protein are judged.
With 6 grams of protein per egg , the eggs are the most cheapest protein source on the market.They not only contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery and building, but are a rich source of vitamins:
– A: good for the skin and growth.
– D: strengthens bones by raising calcium absorption.
– E: protects cells from oxidation.
– B1: helps properly release energy from carbohydrates.
– B2: helps release energy from protein and fat.
– B6: promotes the metabolism of protein.
– B12: an essential vitamin in the formation of nerve fibers and blood cells.
– Iron: essential in the creation of red blood cells.
– Zinc: good for enzyme stability and essential in sexual maturation.
– Calcium: most important mineral in the strengthening of bones and teeth.
– Iodine: controls thyroid hormones.
– Selenium: protects cells from oxidation.
The cholesterol myth
Eggs became an issue of controversy some time ago, when in the fitness community a myth was spread that eggs can cause high cholesterol, clogged arteries and other health problems.The yolk in a single large egg contains 5 grams of fat, so it was only natural for nutritionists to assume that eggs clogged up people’s arteries, especially since they also contain dietary cholesterol.Later it was generally accepted that dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol levels.
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more
So eggs are still one of the very best foods that will provide your body with all the essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals and egg protein is definitely a bodybuilding superfood you should be eating if you want to pack on muscle mass.Just don’t copy Rocky Balboa in eating raw eggs as they can be contaminated with salmonella and dangerous to your health.