Should You Give up Dairy ? Health Benefits of a No Dairy Diet

Do you need to give up dairy ? Everyone’s body processes dairy differently. Some bodies can’t process it at all, thus resulting in several issues such as digestion problems, cramps, gut inflammation, joint pain etc. This is caused by the aforementioned inability of some bodies to digest dairy products.

Only when dairy products have been removed from the diet completely, does the person start to feel better. But how do you know that you need to give up dairy anyway?

Since many people live their day to day lives with the constant bloating, gas, constipation, and other inconveniences caused by it, they may regard it as normal to them and not even think of the fact that they may have an intolerance to it, and they should give up dairy altogether.

Many if not most adults ignore their bodies response to dairy since many of the negative effects have been with them their whole life, regarding them as normal bodily reactions.

That being said, dairy isn’t bad for everyone, although it could be contributing to many people’s health conditions, sinus issues, various joint pain, asthma or even brain fog.

The best way to deal with dairy intolerance, if someone believes that they have it, is to completely get rid of it from their diet. Depending on the severity of the intolerance, changes can be seen as early as after one day.

Kiss that pesky stomachache goodbye

Normally it takes the body between the span of 10 days up to 3 weeks to fully get rid of the remaining lactose in the body. The change wouldn’t be very noticeable at first depending on your tolerance level.

Typically, if someone truly has a greater intolerance to dairy, they would immediately notice some minimal change ranging from less frequent bathroom visits to little to no stomachaches after food. Small but significant, these changes will be the first of many more noticeable ones as the days pass by while being dairy-free.

Flatter belly after only one week of no dairy

More noteworthy differences happen around the one week mark of not consuming dairy. Around that time someone might notice that their nasty bloat they’ve been dealing with all their life is significantly reduced, if not gone completely.

Even those whose underlying skin condition that has been unnoticeably caused by dairy, take note of the clearer skin they have, once they stopped including it in their diet. Depending on the level of severity of the intolerance some may even regain some of their lost energy, as a known side effect of dairy is a feeling of fatigue.

Better sleep after one month

A month dairy-free makes some people feel better than ever – solely because the body no longer works tediously to process substances that it cannot properly digest. Most noticeable changes during this time are increased metabolism, sleep improvement and mood improvement.

Meet your new and improved self

After six months of going without dairy you will be able to reap all the benefits that come with it. Increased circulation and body function, a clearer mind, lower level of internal inflammation are just a few things that will make life easier going dairy-free for this amount of time.

Although, not everyone is able to give up dairy completely, whether it be cravings that stop them from going all the way or they simply cannot help themselves by sneaking in some cheesecake or pizza every once in a while.

For those types of people, a certain thing called the 80/20 approach might be most suitable for them. It consists of the following: 80% of the diet will be non-dairy products and the remaining 20% would be smaller dairy portions.

The most recommended approach is to definitely start with tolerated foods, if there are any to begin with, and then continue discarding other foods that have been identified to be unfavorable for the body. All the while things known as trigger foods, which are foods when eaten make the person crave and possibly eat more of it, should be avoided at all costs.

For the latest news and updates join our 1 Million fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Leave a Reply