In terms of hormone regulation the thyroid is probably one of the most important glands in our body. It plays a key role in hormone distribution and regulation of a range of bodily functions such as metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, oxygen exchange, maintaining stable body temperature, providing brain development, balancing cholesterol and blood calcium levels, keeping the heart and nervous system healthy, regulating the menstrual cycles, and preserving healthy skin.
This, by no means, short list of responsibilities clearly illustrates why it is so important to keep our thyroid gland healthy.
When the thyroid is not working properly, you can develop a condition called hypothyroidism. Some of the more obvious symptoms of this condition are weight gain, fatigue, lack of concentration, dry skin and hair.
The antipode condition, hyperthyroidism – which results from an overactive thyroid, is just as dangerous. Some of its symptoms are loss of weight, increased blood pressure and heart rate as well as diarrhea. The common procedures treating hyperthyroidism can be surgery, administering medications or radioactive iodine. However, all treatments are highly dangerous, and may damage your thyroid in other ways, causing an inadequate secretion of some hormones. We offer you a natural remedy, which will greatly improve the health of your thyroid and stimulate its function.
Health benefits of the ingredients
- One of the most important components of thyroid hormones, iodine, is also found in cranberries. Moreover, they are packed with it, and their consumption can increase the iodine levels in your body.
- Oranges and lemons are full of vitamin C. This potent antioxidant keeps your thyroid healthy.
- Ginger provides you with magnesium. This element plays an important role in keeping your thyroid healthy.
- Cinnamon is known to reduce inflammation, which in turns reduces the risk of hypothyroidism.
In order to make the most of this thyroid boosting recipe, you should consume it on a daily basis. Not only does it stimulate the thyroid gland, but also provides you with a wide range of vitamins.
Cranberry Juice for Thyroid Stimulation
- 7 cups of spring or filtered water
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1/4 tbsp dry ginger
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Bring the water almost to a boiling point. Reduce the heat. Add cranberry juice and spices. Slowly simmer for 20 minutes. Wait to cool down completely before adding the orange and lemon juice. Drink one dose a day.
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more
For increased effect, take additional vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, goitrogens, which you can found as supplements or in foods like brazil nuts, fish, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. And never forget to exercise.