Building muscle can be a tricky process. It is not just what you do in the gym that is important, but also what you eat. Whether you want a diet plan delivered to your door from vendors such as Gymology, or you would prefer to cook your own meals, there are foods out there that are perfect for muscle growth.
In an age in which people focus on a healthy lifestyle, we are lucky to have such a range of nutritious meals on offer. Let’s take a look at a couple of popular meals that you can cook at home when trying to gain muscle.
Mighty Turkey Burgers
It is not every day that you see burgers in a muscle gain plan. However, there’s nothing inherently detrimental to your body in a burger – apart from how they are often served. Because they usually come with fatty fries which overpower the necessary nutrients, you will be surprised how beneficial a burger can be to muscle growth when they are cooked like this:
Mighty Turkey Burgers Ingredients:
- 300g of turkey mince
- 15g of porridge oats
- 1 egg
- A quarter of a finely diced onion
- Half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 100g of green beans
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- A small portion of oven chips
Mighty Turkey Burgers Recipe:
- Once you have cooked the onion in rapeseed oil, remove it from the pan and let it cool.
- Get a mixing bowl and put the turkey mince in. Once done, add a cracked egg, chilli flakes and the oats.
- Allow the onions to cool and add them to the pan. Stir the combination with salt and pepper mix.
- Roll a small handful of the mixture into a ball and put it on the baking tray. Press the ball down with your palm until it is roughly 2.5cm in thickness. Use the rest of the mixture to make as many flat patties as possible.
- For five to seven minutes, grill the burgers and do so for a further five minutes whilst turning.
- Put on a plate with the oven chips and green beans.
This meal has 722 calories, 75g of protein, 45g of carbs and 27g of fat.
Power Prawn Curry
Contrary to popular belief, curries can be served as healthy meals. Usually, a curry is made with lots of butter and cream and is washed down with lager – that’s why they are known as not so healthy meal. However, there are many ways to serve a curry that is healthy and great for muscle growth, including our tried and tested below method:
Power Prawn Curry Ingredients
- 150g of king prawns
- Half a diced onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- Half a tablespoon of chilli powder
- Half a tablespoon of coriander power
- Half a tablespoon of ground cumin
- Half a tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of curry paste
- 75g of brown rice
Power Prawn Curry Recipe:
- Once the rapeseed oil is in the pan, heat it and add the chopped onions. Fry them until they are golden brown reduce the heat after adding garlic.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes with the 100ml of water.
- Once you have added the cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli, cook the mixture for another five minutes.
- Add the curry paste and prawns to the mixture and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Serve the mixture with rice and tuck in.
This meal has approx. 572 calories, 41 g of protein, 83g of carbs and 7g of fat.