Jade’s ultimate guide to achieving sustainable weight loss and a great level of fitness
Here are the 3 crucial things Jade learned during her transformation:
- The first, most important step is to get in the right mindset. You must be mentally ready to make a change and be truly determined to go through it all and succeed, otherwise it’s going to be a waste of your time.
- Food is not the enemy. You just need to make smart choices.
- Alcohol, on the other hand, is. For optimal results, cut it out completely.
- Don’t completely deprive yourself of certain foods you love. It’s totally OK to have a slice of pizza or a piece of cake from time to time, as long as you maintain self-control and don’t slip back into your bad habits.
- Be prepared to have bad days where you simply can’t stop yourself from getting off track. Instead of getting disappointed and giving up on everything, get up and try harder. Bad days happens to everyone, so just keep pushing.
- Forget about the scale. Those numbers are not the optimal way to measure your progress. Don’t forget that as you get fitter and stronger, the fat will melt away and you’ll most likely add a significant amount of muscle mass.
- Be your own source of motivation and always have strong, desirable goals to work towards. Remember the person you used to be and how bad you don’t want to go back there.
- Surround yourself with people with strong minds and healthy lifestyles as often as you can.
- Don’t worry about what others think of you, especially when it’s negative. You know exactly what you are doing and why you’re doing it – stay on your path no matter what others have to say about it. Nobody else but you has to understand your journey.
- Don’t be ashamed to take a ton of selfies! They’re the best way to track your progress.
Her life today
As she continued to lose dramatic amounts of weight, Jade saw her goals shifting from becoming skinny to becoming strong and well defined. She fell in love with powerlifting and started lifting heavier, while adjusting her diet to fit her muscle building efforts. She focused on consuming a lot of protein-rich foods, slow-digesting carbs and an adequate amount of healthy fats but also supplemented with BCAAs, protein powders, vitamins and fish oil.
Today, her muscle-fueling diet consists of around 2000 calories per day, including body weight protein, 240g of carbs and 70g of fat, and her meals mainly consist of fruits, veggies, chicken, fish and sweet potatoes. When she’s preparing for a competition, she slightly reduces her calorie intake, especially in terms of carbs, while maintaining her protein consumption.
Here’s how her typical day of eating looks like:
- Breakfast: 3 eggs and 14-20g of carbs
- Snack: nuts, apples with peanut butter or watermelon
- Lunch: fish or chicken with veggies
- Dinner: 2 protein pancakes
- Water consumption: at least 1 gallon a day
In terms of her training routine, Jade says that it has a complete 180 turn since the beginning of her transformation journey. At the moment, she lifts 4-5 times a week, doing her three major lifts (squat, bench, deadlift) on three different days of the week, allowing her body plenty of time to rest in between.
That being said, here’s how her typical week of training looks like:
- Monday: Bench/Triceps/Chest
- Tuesday: Deadlifts/Back
- Wednesday: Rest
- Thursday: Shoulders
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Squats/Legs
- Sunday: Shoulders
“My life has never been better”
Jade currently works at a local Police Department, but her ultimate goal is to go Federal in Law Enforcement and that’s what keeps her going stronger every day. Ever since she began her transformation journey, she experienced countless changes in the way she perceives herself and others and the way she interacts with her environment. Today’s she’s a completely different person who loves life and loves meeting new people and trying out new things. She says that her life has never been better – she enjoys optimal health and the company of wonderful people and her professional future is looking rather bright.
However, her great achievements came with a price higher than a bag of sweat and tears. More often than not, physical changes are accompanied by pivotal changes in one’s mentality. Her transformation affected every part of her life – she lost many friends and attracted plenty of negative attention during the process. Needless to say, these things are pretty natural. Whenever a person gets out of their comfort zone, they are bound to disrupt the harmony between themselves and their environment that their old ways had installed and maintained for so long.
But Jade rarely thinks of the people who have a problem with who she is today. To her, the amazing progress she’s made and the beautiful life she has today are absolutely worth everything she has lost along the way, and perhaps much more. The new Jade doesn’t need the approval of others – she is strong, independent and believes in herself 100%. And when asked about the possible end of her transformation, she says that her fitness journey will never end as she’ll be always working hard to become even stronger and better.
And we greatly hope that the successful story of this amazing gal inspires you to do exactly the same.
Good luck and stay strong!