Vince “The Iron Guru” Gironda was one of the all-time best trainers and one of the most influential people in the world of bodybuilding. He had ideas that were truly revolutionary and way ahead of their time.
In fact, today, 50 years from the time he was in his prime shape, people are just starting to realize that his theories about training and nutrition were correct, not crazy.
Here are just some of his tips on how to maximize the muscle building process.
– You need to get plenty of rest if you wand to build muscle. Muscle growth will occur only if your body is well rested.
– Change your workouts often. Change your exercises from workout to workout. Don’t do the same exercise for a muscle group every workout.
– Never train with more intensity than is required to support muscle growth. The same goes for the number of exercises.Never do more exercises than enough to trigger muscle growth.
– Do not get all out of gas before the end of the workout. In other words it’s not necessary to push yourself on every exercise. This will result in muscle loss rather than muscle gain.
– Take some time off every now and then. This does not mean that you should stop training when you start feeling lazy.Instead take a week off when you really need it or after every 7-8 weeks of hard training. Well rested, you will be able to burst trough the plateaus.
– Diet is the biggest factor for bodybuilding success. Vince recommends a high protein, high fat (healthy fats), low carb diet. Proteins and fats should come from sources like lean meats,eggs,fish,milk and nuts while carbohydrates should come from sources like fruits and vegetables.
Lose fat with the diet that combines the principles of digestive health and intermittent fasting - Click here to find our more
– Minimize the stress levels. Too much stress and the muscle building process will completely stop or even reverse. This has everything to do with catabolic hormones like cortisol, and anabolic hormones like testosterone and growth hormone.